Plastic Injection Moulding
Plastic Injection Moulding Finishes
There are a variety of finishes that can be applied to a plastic injection moulded component. Often, no finish will be required at all. But, in certain circumstances, a plastic injection moulded part may require some type of finishing option before it is delivered to a customer.
Here at RP Technologies, we provide several high-quality finishing options, all of which can enhance the standard of the component and help to give it many additional benefits.
Some finishing options will improve the aesthetic appearance of a product. Other finishes will increase the strength of a plastic injection moulded component, making it more durable and robust. Other finishes can be employed to offer customisation and corporate branding.
Additional benefits of textured finishes include:
- Plastic parts can be made easier to hold and grip
- Provide ergonomic and functional improvements to the part
- Hide parting lines
The type of finish that should be applied to a final component will depend upon the intended uses of the product and its end application. We can help you to decide what type of finish may be appropriate, and we can talk you through our extensive range of post-processing options.
Here are some of the most popular finishing options currently available at RP Technologies:
- Non-cosmetic finishes, produced to RP Technologies’ judgement
- 240 cutter marks removed commercial polish
- Semi-finish and matte finish
- 600 grit stone
- 600 grit paper
- Bead blast finish
- VDI finish, produced with EDM Engineering capabilities
- High Polish
- External texturing and graining
- Customised, branded finishes